Texts From R.

R:  How would you feel about me getting a different car?
Me:  I can't contribute money to that, if that's what you're asking.
R:  No, that's not a problem.  I'm just thinking of getting rid of the Hyundai for something with a bit more pizazz.
Me:  Oh R.  Don't be that guy.
R:  The guy who goes after what he wants? 
Me: The guy who wants shallow material stuff.
R:  It's not about looks, I just want something that might have a chance at passing another car.
Me:  What's wrong with being the back-line leader?
R:  It was fun for the first two years, but I feel like I have front of the line potential.
Me:  There's always a car ahead of you. 
R:  And I intend to catch up with it. 

Comments

  1. He'll be chasing cars for the rest of his life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "trying to catch up" to the next car can be expensive. I don't mean the cost of the car as much as the tickets...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, that was funny. Is it really real? Yeah, I remember when I thought I could catch up to everyone else. Gave up on that a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Dowdy Church-lady Post

Upleveling Our Badassery

Carry on, my friends.