- Route talk (I agree, this is THE WORST.)
- Period talk (menstruation)
- How you slept
|For just two people, I'm proud of the healthy dent we made in this|
cake at one sitting!
I have a few to add:
- the detailed plots to movies or books.
- the back story about who's related to who in a minor anecdote. ("It was my hairdresser's best friend's cousin. Wait, no, it I guess it was her second cousin. Well, now that I think about it, it may actually be a neighbor of the cousin.") This is as bad as route talk.
- struggling, in the midst of what could be an okay anecdote, to remember what day of the week it was. "I think it was a Tuesday. Wait, no, it could have been a Wednesday. Honey, do you remember? I think it was the day after your appointment with the accountant?"
- stories about your adorable but naughty pets, or even worse, your pets ailments. Unless they die. If the pet dies, it's okay to bring it up (once).
Before we veto these topics, though, I want to say something about my health. (I know.) I have a weird form of tinnitus that involves hearing my own heartbeat in my left ear. I looked it up on the internet and learned that most people who have it find it extremely annoying, which surprises me. I find it so comforting, like being in the womb. Woo hoo! I'm still alive! Listen to that strong heartbeat! In my ear! (I had to get that out before this becomes a violation of Interestingness Month.)
But back to the topic at hand. Let me know if you encounter any rule violators, or if you have any rules to add. Let's make a whole month out of it.