20 Things I'm Afraid Of. Ok, 21, for good measure.
I listened to the rerun of a This American Life episode where the guy listed all his fears. I thought it was a good prompt.
2. I’m afraid of turbulence on an airplane. I fear that each buffeting downdraft will continue forever until we crash into the earth.
3. I’m afraid of Lunchables.
4. I’m afraid of dying in a way that involves gasping for breath.
5. I’m afraid of being trapped in a boring conversation.
6. I’m afraid of Target (the store).
7. I’m afraid of talking on the phone.
8. I’m afraid of being trapped in the middle seat on an airplane when I have to go to the bathroom.
9. I’m afraid of being boring. Of being the person people are trying to get away from because I’m telling a long story about my dog or the King County zoning code.
10. I’m afraid of getting to a point in my life where it doesn’t matter what’s going on with the weather.
11. I’m afraid of fancy shoes, especially if they are pointy.
12. I’m afraid of a cervical spine injury that leaves me unable to communicate except by blinking my left eye, and no one notices that I am actually telling stories with my eyelid.
14. I’m afraid of Dementia.
15. I’m afraid of leaving my kids with a pile of unfinished projects and a messy house.
16. I’m afraid that Trump will give away public lands to his buddies and there will be no wild places for the grandchildren and their grandchildren.
17. I’m afraid of passing trucks on the highway.
18. I’m afraid of losing my sense of smell.
19. I’m afraid that my sense of smell isn’t up to snuff, as they say, because when I read sad stories that involve someone going to find a shirt of their deceased beloved, because “it still smells like them,” I realize I would never do that. I don’t know if the issue is my nose or their laundry, but I don’t really believe that’s a thing.
20. I’m afraid I’ll outlive my dog.
21. I'm afraid of potpourri.